Monday, February 11, 2013

waiting


the problem lay
in the lack of trees
it’s airless here,
no ebullient fireflies
only stale words-
wasted vagaries
the fuck is the point
in a blistering breeze?
no dry limbs to caress
no broken bones, skinned knees
 
so still, it sits
con-tem-pla-ting
longing for movement
from you?
or me?

pale bruised light in the sky
aujourd' hui


This life is so short. Yet, still, we wait.

au +‎ jour +‎ de +‎ hui; since hui comes from Latin hodie, the phrase literally means "on the day of this day".

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog, this is absolutely gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren!

    Beautifully written! It is just saddening to watch what's happening to the earth. I love the way you ended the poem with "aujourd' hui."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is breathtaking...and moving. I love the closing. Why do we wait??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the longing. I am the movement. It will always be me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea why we wait. Lemme know if you figure that shit out.

    Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete