Sunday, July 16, 2017

Illahee

3 years on
and still,
eating oranges on your porch,
and the slant of the sun off the water
lingers

I wonder if you remember,
laughing at the flowers I picked.
(you called them weeds)
but they still sat in water
on your kitchen table


that summer was so hot
the nights, too
especially the first



do you remember?

it’s strange to think about,
now

that we almost bought a house
I remember, your eyes, when we pulled up the carpet,
and saw the oak,
dusty, but there

and the weight of your hand
on the small of my back

in Discovery Bay, when we met,
that last time,

for a beer.

3 years on, and still



2 comments:

  1. Just reciprocating the "hey." How's life? It might be hard to catch up here, you can email me at ryanp0581@gmail.com I'm always around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dusting off the keys tonight. I came here first. Have you shed this skin?

    ReplyDelete